Monday, October 12, 2009

Woodline

Sold
This is one of the images from the book, a three-color pencil drawing on prepared paper. First learned the technique from Robert Liberace at the Torpedo Factory. Liberace's work is outstanding. He is also a fine teacher as several of friends who have been able to study under him for longer than I could will attest. Another artist whose drawings I admire is Jeffrey Mims, they are for sure "Wow"! Both of these artists are easily found on the internet.

It is always a plus to see an actual piece of art and I have seen Liberace's work. Mim's I have seen only on the internet so far and look forward to seeing some one day in real life. Meanwhile the internet is a great tool for "seeing" work by others particularly for those of us living a bit off the beaten track and often one website will send me on to another site, another artist's work. I am optimistic enough to think of it as a list of works I'll eventually get to see and helps when planning trips. I'm thankful that through the internet I've been able to discover so many great artists' work.

No comments: